Greece IEEE Section Educational Activities organize the 1st Hellenic TISP Day on 11th of December 2016. It will take place in three cities of Greece at the same time. The venues will be interconnected and participants from different cities will be able to exchange information during the event. 1st Hellenic IEEE TISP Day, offers the opportunity to teachers who share the same worries and thoughts, to conduct inquiry based learning STEM lesson plans, exchange views, develop collaborations but also jointly find new ideas for the class of future.
For more info visit http://tispday.ieee.gr/
BUT WHAT IS TISP?
TISP stands for the ‘Teacher In-Service Program’ and is a professional development program aimed at helping teachers bring exciting hands-on engineering lessons, based on inquired learning methodology, into their classrooms. IEEE volunteers are trained to conduct TISP workshops. These trained volunteers – known as TISP Champions – then take the program to their local areas and train school teachers.
The aim is for the school teachers to eventually implement these inquiry based lesson plans in their classrooms on a regular basis and for the local TISP champions to keep in contact with the school teachers to provide support.
The program’s goals are to:
- Empower section volunteers to collaborate with their local pre-university community
- Promote applied inquiry-based learning
- Enhance the level of technical literacy of pre-university educators
- Encourage pre-university students to pursue technical careers, including engineering
- Increase the general level of technical literacy of pre-university students throughout their educational careers.